:: Against the Sky ::

Can't say that I'm ahead of my time, I fear my time will never come.
:: welcome to Against the Sky :: bloghome | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..Cool Sites..::]
:: Google! [>]
:: Mike [>]
:: A-Ron [>]
:: MuDvAyNe [>]
:: New York Times [>]
:: Cd Now [>]
:: Bad Astronomy [>]
:: Frisco Gate [>]

:: Monday, January 27, 2003 ::

First off, I would like to direct your attention to my other blog. Check it out, it's really informative *looks around*. Anyway, other than that, I'm bored out of my mind, but also loaded up on ephedrine cus I had to re-fuck my sleep schedule up. So I'm wired and typing and like 300 wpm so bear with me if there are any mistakes that I don't catch. Next item on the agenda for today: job search USFUCKINA. As soon as my clothes get out of the dryer I will be on my way to all kinds of places that I haven't applied yet, which is like 80, but only a few will do. I'm going to Blockbuster, Suncoast, Walgreens, and a bunch of other places that are on my list, which is out of arm's reach.

On a completely different note, I finished my essay for MMI: Mwahahaha....
Draft One:

Throughout my entire life I have been fascinated by music and ways to make it, as well as record it.

I have played guitar since I was 12 years old, and loved every minute that I have played. When I go to

concerts, I usually sit right behind the sound technicians in the back to try and figure out how they were

making sense of the thousands of blinking lights, buttons, and switches.

I took a class in high school called Recording Studio, and I was amazed at how much fun it was

being able to take a song that a student had written, record it using microphone placement techniques and a

mixing board, and putting onto a CD that the student could sell to other students. I knew right then that I

would love to be doing this for a living. Merely being around fellow musicians, especially ones who are on

tour and doing something with their music, makes me want to be exactly like them, even if it means only

recording them.

The only thing I think that I would love doing more than recording people's sounds would be

being the sound. Being in a band and having the knowledge of how to set up a show somewhere, how to

record a decent CD, and how to market that record would be invaluble information to me. I would carry it

with me for the rest of my life.

It's a brief essay somewhat explaining my career goals and what I am interested in. So that was out of the blue, but hey, I'm bored.

Quote of the Day: "What's a fuck-ass?" -Donnie Darko's sister

:: Colin 9:16 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?